02 December 2008

To Tat or not to Tat - that WAS the Question...

Now I'm deciding on a design for my oh so original Christmas present from Hot-Hubby. I have narrowed it down to a butterfly, indigenous to the British Isles, hopefully Scotland but at least to find one that lives where we do. Why a butterfly? Because it's a symbol of rebirth, renewal and life. Photos will be posted, so no it's nowhere the sun never shines!

Of course there are downsides to having a tattoo. I won't be able to give blood for a bit, it will hurt "like a hot cat scratch" according to the tattooist but is that going to be like "tiny scratch" by the doctor as you nearly hit the roof? It will be there forever so I have to be very sure about it and I can't whimp out part way through, it's an all or nothing deal.

On the up side my mum will hate it and I have to admit this does appeal to my inner teenager - sorry mum!

No comments: